Jan 17, 2016

Winter and your pets

Iowa winters are seriously no joke sometimes! Today for example its like all of -8 and Im pretty sure thats not taking in the wind chill.

I am sitting at me desk working and I myself am constantly cold so I of course have my handy space heater blowing right on me.  My jack russell is sitting in front of the heater as well. ( Hes just a lil guy after all)  I look down at him and hes just chillin hanging out soaking up all the heat. I reach down pick him up put him in my lap and Im cuddling him. Jack looks at me like "yo can you put me back at the heater?"

I have a pretty decent size hoodie on and he looks sleepy and so this happens....


My point is that if you are cold your animals are probably cold too. Yes its cute and yes he is so very spoiled! I know that not everyone spoils their animals Im not saying that by any means. What I do think is that there are far too many animals that are left outside on days like this brutally cold with no shelter. This is really unacceptable. I understand that in history dogs were left outside and were fine. That may be true, but that doesnt make it right!

Our animals depend on us for nearly everything in their life not just love. 

Jack also wants to say...

Please make sure your furbabies are warm and safe in this kind of weather! 
A safe and comfortable dog is a happy dog! 



No comments:

Post a Comment