Nov 16, 2015

Ronda Rousey..I think I can handle it now

I think im finally ready to speak on the UFC 193 heartbreak..

Its really obvious that I love Ronda Rousey. I was so amp'ed for the fight I was very excited about it especially after the events from weigh ins. I was very anxious for the other fights to be done so we could get to the main events.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the other fights except maybe for the Struve / Rosholt fight in my honest opinion neither of those guys should be proud of that fight. If anyone is even calling it an actual fight.

Uriah Hall is such a  nice guy! You can confirm if you watched him at all during the Ultimate Fighter Show. I really hope he can learn to leave his patience and kindness at the door to the octagon soon! I think he has great potential he just needs to be more aggressive, he's got some Big kicks and they do damage. Hes just got to bring the fight to them! Hes one of my faves!


Now... lets get down to the weigh ins. There are a few different videos showing what happened and I honestly cant say that I see Ronda pulling Hollys fist into her. I do know that I saw holly's fist touching on Ronda.. how it got there.. you decide for yourself. I personally think either way it was unsportsmanlike conduct. ( Insert all the random rousey trash talking.)  I know, I know Ronda has a habit of talking a Large amount of trash but up until this fight she certainly cashed all the checks her mouth wrote.

 I along with so many other fans talked a lot of crap leading up to this fight! Rousey VS Holm UFC 193 was expected to be much like all of the other fights previously. We all expected it to be more brutal due to the events at weigh ins. I watched Ronda come out rocking her "I'm going to kill you" look! It was certainly a look I'd seen many times. As the first round began I watched and waited for the take down, ground and pound. What I did see was Holly keeping a safe distance backing up and Ronda rushing in... but not delivering much rowdy. The first round came and went, and into the 2nd round I remember thinking maybe shes just playing with her, waiting for the perfect moment to finish her.

All the sudden the Kick that was felt all over the world. I don't remember thinking anything, but feeling like the world had just stopped for a moment. I stared at my screen and realized It was midnight and I'm screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the top of my lungs. I was in total shock, along with the rest of Team Rousey I'm sure! She had been knocked out from that kick, and was clearly out before she even hit the floor. Several hard fists from holly came one right after another and FINALLY the ref called it off. It was painfully obvious that we had lost..

How did this happen? Were we not prepared? Did we assume that we would never get a comparable opponent? I cant answer any of those questions. I can only tell you from my perspective we learn that none of us are untouchable. We just keep pushing through because Ronda Rousey is far from being finished. The rematch will come and we will regain what was taken.

To make a long story short, yes I'm crushed over the outcome of UFC 193 and I didn't expect it to end this way. I'm a Ronda Rousey fan and that's not going to change because she was human and lost a fight. Just remember the sun never sets on a boss. Ronda is a boss!


No comments:

Post a Comment