Mar 24, 2016

Highlight reel..and why im annoyed by this topic



So hello there on this crazy Thursday morning where here in Iowa ( some places ) we woke up to snow!  Ya I know I too am just ready for some warm weather!!

This morning I was on instagram (  Click to go to my instagram ) scrolling along and at least 2 or 3 times a day I see a post about reality vs highlight real. Most of the time its a negative post about people that are posting positive things and upbeat things.  

Now my thoughts are this :

Why is this a bad thing? There is enough negativity in the world around us. I really dont want to go on to every social media and read or look at every single struggle that is out there. We all know that not every one is having a great time in life every every single day. Do I think that every day is perfect for these people posting about how happy they are? No reality is that they have struggles just the way the rest of us do.  The difference is that they dont need to broadcast every bump in the road!

I don't think anyone really wants or needs to see a social network full of posts about every tragic or depressing event in their life. 

I have found myself in the last month looking through feeds and loving posts that are positive and uplifting! I give a lot of credit to those that despite whatever struggle they have in their personal life they aren't publicizing it on social media. Then they would be criticized for being an attention seeker or pity party poster.

To each there own with their posts and how and what they want to share with the world. No one is having perfect days every day of their life. I wouldnt call this highlight reel I simply call this POSITIVE VIBES ONLY!

Kisses & Hugs #staypositive 

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment