Nov 14, 2015

Bring on the Spicy!

Full disclosure- While Kramer's Specialty Foods is operated & owned by my family!I received items for free. My opinion of the products in the review are 100% honest. I haven't been able to spend time with them in years. I love them very much and I am proud to call them family but I am also VERY proud of the hard work they have put into the business and the products they make really are WONDERFUL! So if you haven't tried them I urge you to do so! Support your community and the small businesses! They are what represents us! 

I'm super excited and wanted to blog and do a review on these products for a while now.  The problem was that I couldn't stop eating this stuff long enough to get any good videos for a review. Because its very rude to talk with your mouth full! 
( laugh if you want but try them and you will understand my struggle)

Chips and salsa has been a favorite snack of mine for a very long time! I enjoy both thick & chunky styles depending on my mood. There is one brand in particular I buy more often than any other salsa brand. I buy it not because of the name, not because its a local Midwest business. I love salsa that taste fresh! Kramer's Specialty Foods really does put their heart and soul into making the best quality salsa that you will find. They are also a Taste of Iowa featured brand!

Ive been able to buy the salsa for quite a while here in the Midwest and its often found at walmart, hyvee and other grocery and food stores in the Iowa / Midwest area. One product that I have been literally dying to try was their "Pepper Jams" I had not been able to find these in stores ( but they are available online)

I reached out to Tom & Linda ( the owners ) and asked if they would be willing to provide me with some products for a review. Especially the Pepper Jams! I was thrilled when they said they would be happy to do so! My package came about a week later. Not only did I get a  beyond delicious Raspberry Jalapeno jam but I also got 2 of my favorite salsas Hot & mild!

There are a variety of heat levels to pick from.




Now  what I was super anxious to try was the pepper jams! Oh let me tell to it was worth the wait!
Now these can be used so many different ways. Use as a spread, dip,glaze or a topping. I have eaten this on toast but My favorite is putting cream cheese on snack crackers and putting the jam on top of that! ( which I have tried to do a video of but really I cant wait to eat them nor could the kids as you see the top left cracker is missing some stuff.)

 You could also do the same on a bagel or whatever you decide to put it on. I even thought this would be good as a butter braid cream cheese and this jam. ( If your from the midwest you should know what a butter braid is)  If you don't know what Im talking about its a breakfast type pastry that was very popular and would still be if we could find them. they had cherry strawberry and all kinds of different fillings and you drizzled a frosting type mixture on top. I think these would be AMAZING in something like that! I will be looking for a way to make one. These jams also come in 6 fruity delicious flavors!

They also have a few soup mixes that I will be trying here sometime soon. They are all ready to go you just boil water and mix! YAY because I love easy meals!
Check them out, you can order everything online if you cant find it in the local stores!


No comments:

Post a Comment